CHUNKY CHOCOLATE BUCKWHEAT GRANOLA
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 35 minutes
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup buckwheat groats
1/2 cups coconut flakes
1 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped.
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/3 coconut oil (as solid)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup sugar (I used coconut palm sugar)
1/3 cup maple syrup / honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used raw cacao)
How to cook:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350f / 180c / GM4 and line a large baking tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl mix the oats, buckwheat groats, coconut flakes, chopped hazelnuts and chia seeds – set aside.
3. Over a medium heat, in a small pan melt your coconut oil. Once melted, add your salt, sugar and maple syrup or honey and vanilla extract. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then add your cocoa. Mix well.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold to thoroughly coat, before spreading out onto your lined baking sheet.
5. Press down using a spatula, so that the mixture is compact.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes before removing from the oven to stir the mixture.
7. Return to the oven for another 10 – 15 minutes, taking out to stir every 3-4 minutes – taking care not to burn.
8. Once cooked, remove from oven and leave to cool – the granola with crisp up a little more during this time.
9. Once cooled, transfer to an air-tight container.