Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 cup buckwheat (kutto or kutti no daro)
1/2 cup curds (dahi)
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 cup raw potato cubes
1 tablespoon ginger-green chilli paste
rock salt or table to taste
2 tablespoon roasted and coarsely powdered peanuts
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander (dhania) optional
1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds (til)
How to cook:
1. Clean, wash and soak the buckwheat in enough water for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
2. Combine 1.5 cups of water and curds in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add cumin seeds.
4. When the seeds crackle, add the potatoes, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the potatoes are half cooked, while stirring occasionally.
5. Lower the flame, add the ginger-green chilli paste, buckwheat, curds-water mixture and rock salt, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the peanuts and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
7. Garnish with coriander and sesame seeds and serve immediately with peanut kadhi.